Saturday, February 12, 2005


I've scored a handful of goodies in the mail this week. I need to catch up on my reading. In the above photo we have, from left to right: Noah Eli Gordon's The Area of Sound Called the Subtone graciously sent by Janet Holmes over at Ahsahta Press. Look for a review of this in Octopus #5. To it's right is Steve Benson's Open Clothes from Atelos. I've yet to even crack this one open. I asked for one reviewer's copy of some other Atelos title a year ago and they keep sending me stuff. A very giving group. Anyone want to review this? Next is Graham Foust's As In Every Deafness. I already told you about this one in the blog entry below. I've nearly finished it now--and it has inspired a few flips already. Then at the very right, Wayne Chambliss was kind enough to send a Moon City Review out of Southwest Missouri State. I don't know if Wayne knows this, but I went to undergraduate just 45 min south of there outside Branson, MO. Anyway, the issue is very striking, little and well-designed--perfect size for a hand-- and has flips from Octopus favs Matvei Yankelevich and Eugene Ostashevsky, in addition to Wayne. He also sent me a post card of the Brooklyn Bridge (you can see it just peeking out of the top of the review in this picture) and on it he tells me that he used this very post card to book mark his reading of Leonard Cohen's Beautiful Losers on his last train trek across the U.S. Right now it is marking his poems in the review, but I'll be sure to use it to book mark all my readings in the near future. Thanks Wayne. Posted by Hello

Also, by email, I got good fatty boombatty news from Lit. They took the flagship poem from that Abraham Lincoln and Other Death Scenes chapbook I was trying to tell you about a few posts ago. Good things. I think I'll treat myself and A to a little dine-in and the new Raging Bull DVD tonight.

No comments: